Cookie Img
Send SMS
Home » Products » Thinner for Paints » Thinner for Paints

Thinner for Paints

Thinner for Paints
Thinner for Paints
Send Inquiry
Product Code : 241
Brand Name : ATLAS
Product Description

General Description:

 THINNER is a mixture of esters, glycol,

aromatic solvents and ketones suitable diluents to

all nitro products. It is manufactured for reducing

lacquers before they are applied by different




1. Quickly reduces the consistency of the lacquer/paint

to the required degree.

2. Improves film smoothness of lacquers/paint when

applied either by spray or dipping thus

extending excellent finish.

3. Lacquer/paint dries without blushing, resin blush,

pinholing and other surface defects.

4. 4 .  No “ orange peel” developed after the

evaporation of . Thinner, and therefore

increases the tensile strength of the film along

with its gloss



Appearance     Colour Transparent                 


Specific Gravity      ASTM D 3505    .85 + / - .02 Kg. / lit.

Colour (Saybolt)      ASTM D 1209    +30

Initial Boiling Point     ASTM D  850      56. 2

Copper Corrosion      ASTM D  849    none

Non – Aromatics      ASTM D 2360    50 – 60%

Flash Point (Abel)      IP 170     100C




. THINNER  has an average evaporation rate

suggested for all Nitro Products when application is

made in normal condition of temperature and


. THINNER has a certain action preventing milky

effect of the surface.


Keep the container tightly closed. Shelf life is

unlimited in close container. Keep away from direct

sunlight and other sources of heat or ignition; do  not

smoke in storage areas.


Available in 500 ml.1 lit , 20lit (Pail) and 200 lit



Physiological Hazards:

 THINNER  contains highly flammable solvents.

Harmful if inhaled and if absorbed through skin can

cause irritation. Always use protective gloves and eye

goggles when handling this product. It is highly

recommended to provide proper ventilation on working

area. Keep out of reach of children. If contact with skin

or splash in eyes, wash with fresh water for a couple of

minutes while removing contaminated clothing and

shoes. If affected by inhalation of vapor, remove  to

fresh air. If swallowed, call a physician immediately.

Do not induce vomiting


Back to top